I find gastroenterology very exciting, as it gives me the opportunity to help patients in many different ways, either in clinic or doing endoscopic procedures. I also enjoy taking care of patients with liver disease. I believe in always doing what is best for the patient, and always putting myself in the patient’s shoes.
Dr. Hanayneh performs screenings and procedures at:
Dr. Hanayneh grew up in Amman, Jordan. Prior to joining ARC, he was an assistant professor at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, teaching fellows, residents and students. When he is not at work, Dr. Hanayneh enjoys the outdoors, hiking, running, fishing/hunting, cooking, or teaching his dog new tricks. One of his favorite area spots is viewing sunsets over Lake Travis from the hills.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Hanayneh holds these memberships and honors:
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, American Gastroenterology Association
- Member, American Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Member, Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Member, Texas Medical Association- Member, American Medical Association
- Chief Resident, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, 2015-16
- Don Powell award for excellence in internal medicine residency, 2015