George (Buddy) W. Tipton, MD
Dr. Tipton has retired from ARC. His last day seeing patients was Tuesday, January 3, 2023. Please see below for physicians he recommends to new patients wanting to transfer or establish care at ARC. Read Letter.
Michael M. Farris, PA – Orthopedics; Lower Back, Spine
- ARC Cedar Park, Bldg B - 512-259-3467
- ARC Round Rock - 512-244-9024 ARC
- Medical Park Tower Ortho - 512-454-4561
- ARC South 1st - 512-443-1311
- ARC Southwest - 512-282-8967
Dr. Tipton is an avid reader with a love of travel, and has gone overseas many times. He enjoys gatheringsof his large family, saying “it’s very fulfilling to have children who just want to come over and hang out.” A native Austinite, his favorite Central Texas spot is the view from the top of a downtown building from which he can see the geography transition from flat plain to that of the Hill Country, following the path of the Colorado River.
Growing up in a physician’s family, I came to understand the values medicine represented: relief of physical and psychological suffering, community service, self sacrifice, having a unique set of skills, and the resultant sense of gratification this gives. My goal is to establish a strong physician-patient bond in order to instill trust and confidence, and to understand who my patients are as individuals. I look toward nonsurgical care first, knowing that most patients will get better without surgery.
- Lower Back Pain
Lower Back Pain
An ARC provider can help determine the cause of your back pain and provide treatment to relieve or reduce discomfort.
- Lumbar Spine
The lumbar spine consists of 5 bony segments in the lower back area, which is where lumbar disk disease (herniated disk) occurs.
- Telemedicine Visits
ARC offers telemedicine visits for primary and specialty care. Doctors can quickly evaluate you for a new health issue or follow up with you via a phone call or video visit from the comfort of your home.
Locations & Hours
Board CertificationsBoard Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
Medical SchoolUniversity of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 1977
FellowshipSpine Surgery, Henry S. LaRocca, New Orleans, LA, 1983
ResidencyThe University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
1978 – Internship
1982 – Residency
EducationBA in Biology, Phi Beta Kappa, The University of Texas at Austin, 1973
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Seton Brain & Spine Board, 2012-2017
- Member, Seton Brain & Spine Leadership Council, 2014-2017
- Member, Spine Surgery Affinity Group, Ascension Health, 2011-2016
- Member, Texas Workers Compensation Medical Quality Review Executive Council, Austin, 2005
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Vice President, GWN Eggers Society, Division of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 2003-2004.
Awards & Honors
- Austin’s Top Doctors 2021, Austin Monthly