I first became interested in women’s health after my first-grade teacher developed ovarian cancer. She was later my pen pal for 10 years, detailing her struggle through her letters. Due to her strong will and her physicians’ dedication to treating her illness, she was able to survive an unheard-of amount of time with her diagnosis. I knew from that experience that I wanted to be able to treat all of my female patients with as much care and compassion as she experienced from her physicians. I believe that each patient’s healthcare needs are unique, and I strive to personalize their care. Every patient deserves to be empowered to make informed decisions about her health care. I believe strongly in evidence-based medicine and offering the full spectrum of surgical options tailored specifically to the patient. I will partner with her to arrive at the best treatment option available.
Dr. Chang-Jackson grew up in Houston. When she is not working, she enjoys running, cooking, spending as much time as she can outdoors with her husband, and chasing after their three young children. One of her favorite area locales is Hamilton Pool.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Chang-Jackson holds these memberships and honors:
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Member, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- 2020 Super Doctors Texas Rising Stars
- Dean’s Teaching Excellence Award, 2014-2017, McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Request an Appointment with Shao-Chun Rose Chang-Jackson, MD, FACOG