My goal in caring for my patients and their families is to partner with them in reasonable ways that educate, encourage and empower each one to become a confident caretaker of his or her own health.
Dr. Ward particularly enjoys teaching pediatric residents and medical students, woodworking with his father, running with his wife, and spending every possible free moment with his three daughters. He has an active household that includes a set of twins and a pair of labs. He has run two marathons and is married to Mai Duong, MD, also an ARC pediatrician. He is a member of a church and has participated in health-related trips to Mexico.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Medical Student and Resident preceptor
- Chief Resident, Pediatrics, 1997-98
- International Medicine Rotation, Vietnam, 1997
- Former Board Member, Austin Regional Clinic
- Austin Monthly Magazine Top Pediatricians 2020
- Top Docs for Kids 2021, Austin Monthly magazine