I had two uncles who were doctors and great role models. Since childhood, I wanted to be like them and become a doctor. I am fascinated by the function and intricacy of the design of the human body. I also appreciate the individuality of each being as a separate and unique person with special attributes, and consider each patient unique. I am privileged to see each encounter with my patients as an opportunity to make a difference and see a vignette of a life. I am most grateful for that.
Dr. Spindel grew up in Mexico City and has been in the Austin area since 1984. When he is not working, Dr. Spindel enjoys spending time with his family, swimming laps at the YMCA, walking around Lady Bird Lake, and volunteering. Among his favorite area locales are the Lady Bird Lake trail, the reading room of the Central Austin Public Library, Enchanted Rock, and for barbeque, the Salt Lick in Driftwood.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Spindel holds these memberships and honors:
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, Texas Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Diplomate, American College of Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Gastroenterology
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society