I enjoy serving my patients. I knew for a long time that I wanted to be in medicine, and the more I pursued Podiatry, the more it appealed to me. I get to help people where life hits the pavement. Helping people get back on their feet is truly rewarding. I try to see my patients’ medical needs in an interdisciplinary way by treating the vascular, orthopedic, dermatological and neurological issues regarding the foot and ankle. Foot problems can be simple or complicated, either way--I enjoy the challenge.
Dr. Romero's interests revolve primarily around sports medicine, trauma, diabetic infection and amputation salvage, in addition to treating the full range of podiatric conditions.
Dr. Romero enjoys photography, and his patients can see some of his photographs in his office. He also enjoys jazz, opera, furniture restoration, and cooking. He enjoys time with his children, taking an art class with one of his daughters, piano lessons with another, and Scouting with his three sons. Dr. Romero loves to dance with his wife, and travel to new and old familiar locations.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Board Certified Podiatric Surgeon
- Certified as a Wound Care Specialist
- Nominated as a Distinguished Surgeon by the Austin Area Association of Peri-Operative Registered Nurses
- Worked with a local homeless shelter and with diabetic patients at the Texas Diabetes Institute in San Antonio during medical training years
- Austin’s Top Doctors, Austin Monthly, 2022