During my medical residency, I was fascinated by the then new field of electrophysiology and saw it as a frontier worth exploring. I was fortunate enough to get in on the ground floor and work with some future giants in the field. Although somewhat of an academic at heart, in my private practice I always ask myself what would I do if this were my brother or sister, and treat my patients the same way.
Dr. Caruso grew up in the Bensonhurst neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York. When he is not at work, Dr. Caruso catches up on classic literature and architecture. His favorite local spot is the Austin City Limits Moody Theater.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Caruso holds these memberships and honors:
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomat, American Board of Internal Medicine in the Specialty of Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School