What is Bariatric Surgery?
Weight loss surgery that changes the size of your stomach to assist with weight loss as well as improved quality of life through decreased complications such as joint pain, headaches, reflux, and a reduced risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Bariatric surgery takes typically 3-6 months of preparation
- Include regular office visits with surgeons, psychology evaluations, sleep studies, etc.
- Work ups for OSA and GERD if applicable which may require sleep studies or Upper GI exams
- Requires peri and post op visits
- Pre/peri/post education on foods
Bariatric options include several weight loss procedures that change the size of your stomach.
Bariatric Surgery Options:
Meet Our Bariatric Surgery Team
What to Expect?
- Loss of 60 percent of excess weight within 12-18 months of surgery
- Weight-loss-related improvements in blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels
- Reduced risk of heart attack and stroke
- Increased energy and activity
- Maintain weight loss of 50-100 pounds five years after surgery with diet and exercise
- 0-1 day hospital stay
Bariatric costs may be covered through insurance plans or self-pay options, however, not all insurance plans have benefits for bariatrics. We can obtain your benefits after your first visit with one of our bariatric surgeons, if the surgeon deems you a candidate.
Request an appointment online or by calling 512-260-1581 to learn more and get started. If you are interested in Bariatric Surgery, you can be scheduled for a consult at ARC Medical Plaza Specialty with the following physicians.
A New Lease on Life
Misty's experience with bariatric surgery at ARC Medical Plaza Specialty. Read the full news article: From hopeless to hopeful