From hopeless to hopeful
February 05, 2021
Misty says she tried every diet in the book, but found that she would always plateau at a certain point.
In the past Misty refused to consider weight-loss surgery but she felt out of options. “I just felt really lost and so this was a new direction and I thought it was a great tool,” she says. “I haven’t regretted it since I made the decision.” Since her bariatric surgery, she says she feels better than ever.
What is bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery is weight loss surgery that changes the size of your stomach to assist with weight loss.
What to expect:
- Loss of 60% of excess weight within 12-18 months of surgery
- Weightloss-related improvements in blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels
- Reduced risk of heart attack and stroke
- Increased energy and activity
- Maintaining weightloss of 50-100 pounds five years after surgery with diet and exercise
- 0 -1 day hospital stay
Slow but steady
Since the surgery, Misty has been steadily losing about 2-4 pounds per week. Dr. Azure Adkins, Bariatric Surgeon for the ARC Healthiness Program explains that within about a year after gastric bypass surgery, patients typically lose about 60% of their excess weight.
Learn more about ARC Bariatric Surgery. You can also request an appointment online now or by calling 512-483-9595.